Starting with version 2.0.70, the iKentoo POS application is able to scan the following QR codes:
- Items QR codes (created from the item page) to add an item to the current account
- Users QR codes (created from the user edition page) to login as the given user
- Discounts QR codes (created from the discount edition page) to add a discount to the current account, even if the current user is not allowed to use this discount
- Account profiles QR codes (created from the account profile edition page) to change the account profile of the current account
- Payment methods QR codes (created from the payment method edition page) to pay the current account with the given payment method (interactive payment)
- Web extensions QR codes (created from the web extension edition page) to launch a web extension without using a screen button
All these QR codes are enabled in the back office in the corresponding object's edition page. There is an option to generate a new QR code to revoke an existing QR code, for example if the QR code is stolen.
There is also an option to set the QR code to a text value. This can be used to create QR codes in advance and assign them to users, discounts, etc... when they are needed. QR codes all start with a prefix to indicate their type, followed by a token that matches the token generated or entered in the back office:
- Users QR codes start with IKUSER:
- Discounts QR codes start with IKDISC:
- Account profiles QR codes start with IKTAG:
- Payment methods QR codes start with IKPM:
- Web extensions QR codes start with IKWX:
For example you could create two QR codes using online QR code generator with values IKUSER:blue and IKUSER:red and then set the QR code to "red" or "blue" in the user edition page to assign this QR code to a user. This allows you to pre-generate QR codes and not having to rely on printing QR codes when a new QR code must be assigned to a user or discount for security reasons.
Three other QR codes are supported:
- IKTABLE:xx will tell the POS to open the table xx. For example IKTABLE:6 can be used to open table 6
- IKNAME:xx will tell the POS to open the table named xx. For example IKNAME:Tab1 can be used to open a table named "Tab1"
- IKCUST:first:last:email will tell the POS to link the customer named First Last with email address email to the current account
The IKNAME syntax can be used to manage tabs: a box is prepared with IKNAME QR codes, behind the bar. When a customer comes, the bar man takes the ID card of the client (or his credit card) and replace the QR code card with the ID card. The user then shows the QR code during the night to order rounds. At the end of the night the QR code is used to recall the account and pay it using the client's credit card.